Top 10 Dog Friendly Places in New Jersey To Go in the Summer!
Whether you live in NJ or you're visiting on vacation this is the blog for you and your dog!
We teamed up with Melissa, and her pup Brie (@monmouthdognj), to find out where in NJ the top 10 dog friendly places to go in the Summer are!
Melissa and Brie have an amazing social media and blog where they share all their fun adventures to dog friendly places in NJ, and surrounding areas. As a fellow dog mom, I truly appreciate this because now we know where we can go with our pups, and take them on adventures with us (I mean they come almost everywhere with us)!
It's summertime and we want you to know the PAWfect places to go with your fur-baby. Thank you Melissa and Brie for putting this together and sharing all the fun! Want more from them? Tap here for all their easy resource for links to dog friendly things to do!
Top 10 Dog Friendly Places in New Jersey To Go in the Summer1. 9th Ave Pier - Belmar, NJ
9th Ave Pier allows leashed dogs at their tables closest to the Shark River, which honestly, is the best view in the place! Such a peaceful outdoor setting to eat and have a drink, listen to live bands, hang with pups, and relaaaax! There are high-top tables with umbrellas and waitress service. If you do not already have a QR code app, be sure to download one to your phone to see the menu; we love their Bavarian pretzel sticks and pier tiki tea cocktail!
They are open weather permitting and seasonally from about May through October. The sunsets are absolutely gorgeous from here; it truly is a special place for you and your dog!
When you're done, you can walk along the boardwalk that runs along the pier to see the docked boats, more of the river, and even walk under the bridge into downtown Belmar!
2. The Boatyard - Manahawkin, NJ The Boatyard is one of the most gorgeous restaurants we’ve been to and they are dog friendly! A fully outdoor beer garden offers casual dining from 2 food trailers (seafood and American) and a bar featuring canned beer and canned cocktails and some draft beers and spirits. The atmosphere is straight-up summer and so colorful while overlooking the Causeway Marina and Manahawkin Bay
You can sit under the big tent and every table outside of the tent has umbrellas. If you have a boat, you can even dock and dine! There is a recreation area for playing corn hole and for lounging around. We love the new addition of a painted map of the USA on the pavement just as you enter the place!
3. The Seafarer - Highlands, NJThe Seafarer Bar is dog friendly in the Skipper's dog patio area; dogs must be leashed! From when we last visited, we couldn't wait to go back and enjoy their all-outdoor bar with a tropical and colorful setup! This is another place that feels like a vacation destination in our state.
The patio has a nice breeze from the bay and is covered by a tent (great for sun protection) and includes the craft beer bar. You can also order at the main bar for cocktails and the Local Smoke BBQ food truck for a meal, but dogs must stay on the patio, so take a friend with you to help at the bar.
The doggie area has plenty of socially distant picnic tables and has been reconfigured to include more seating. This is the type of place you find while on a trip to an island
4. Sandbox at Seastreak - Highlands, NJThe Sandbox at Seastreak is an outdoor space with cocktails and select beers can be ordered from the bar and you can get food from gourmet food trucks that vary by date. You can also bring in your own food
Leashed dogs are allowed and there are plenty of picnic tables and seating! Hearing the calm water lapping against the sand is so relaxing. And seeing the views of Sandy Hook, Staten Island, the Verrazano Bridge, Brooklyn, and Manhattan adds to what makes this spot so special. There are also live band performances; check their schedule on social media!
The Seastreak ferry terminal is on the same property and dogs are allowed on rides to Manhattan.
5. Jenk's Inlet - Point Pleasant Beach, NJ Save your Monday and Tuesday nights for a beautiful time at Jenk's Inlet Bar’s Canines and Cocktails Yappy Hour!
There are 2 fully fenced in areas: 1 for small dogs and 1 for larger dogs. You are on the beach and the ocean is right in front of you! 🤩 Each side has agility equipment to play!
A new rule for 2021, due to town changes, no drinks or food are allowed on the beach. But, you can eat and drink on the deck with your pup! Boardwalk style food and a full bar are waiting for you!
Our bartenders Danielle and Shannon are awesome! And nothing beats the beautiful beach and sunset views.
If you are going for the first time, you must sign a waiver before entering the doggie area. Dogs must be fixed and up-to-date on rabies vaccination.
Mondays and Tuesdays from 5-9pm during the summer!
6. Bell Works - Holmdel, NJ After our first trip to Bell Works in the winter, we couldn’t wait to go back and enjoy all the amenities this metroburb has to offer.
Leashed-dogs are allowed on “The Block,” where there are shops, restaurants, Bell Works Fresh - Farmers & Makers Market (every Wednesday from 11am-4pm), and their newest addition, Bar Bella, where you can take your dog on the rooftop deck to join you for a drink (Wednesdays 1-10pm and Thursdays-Saturdays 4-10pm). There are also bands, performances, and other special events! This is great place to spend time inside, but their outdoor space around the building is huge and a nice spot to walk around too!
7. Jersey Shore Blueclaws - Lakewood, NJ Every Sunday home game of this Philadelphia Phillies minor league baseball organization is dog friendly! Dog owners will need to sign a waiver at the Box Office after picking up their $2 Pooch Pass.
8. Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, Island Heights - Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, Island Height, NJ Even though the Seaside Heights boardwalk is no longer dog friendly, don't let that stop you from enjoying this great town and surrounding area! Here are some dogfriendly things you can do:
Island Heights: a gorgeous sidewalk path along the Toms River.
Bum Rodgers: a fun outdoor patio that allows leashed dogs and has great food and friendly service. A great place to watch the game!
EJ's Tap House: a bar right on the boardwalk, leashed-dogs are allowed inside. Check their schedule for live music.
Riggers: a local dive bar with cheap drinks and dogs are allowed inside!
Heavy Reel Brewing: check out their new location where dogs are allowed inside the tasting room.
9. Asbury Park - Asbury Park, NJ Asbury Park is so wonderful for dogs that we had to create a whole website to feature our favorite things to do. Including Wonder Bar's Yappy Hour, check the link out for restuarants, shopping, activities, and other fun things to do:
Dog Beach: dogs allowed through 9/14 from 6:00pm-8:30am
Dog are not allowed on any other beaches except the 8th Street dog beach
Dogs are not allowed on the boardwalk until 10/1-5/16.
10. Long Branch - Long Branch, NJThere is so much to do in Long Branch that is dog friendly!
Beach Bee Meadery: a super cool craft meadery and cidery 5 minutes from the beach. Super friendly peopel and a fun spot inside and outside.
Tiki Bar at Ocean Place: this place is the place to be Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday nights! Outdoor tiki bar with DJ's and views of the ocean!
The White Chapel Projects: a hip place with great food, drinks, and a fun outdoor space for the pups with artwork!
Long Branch Distillery: homemade craft spirits with a relaxing outdoor space.
The Wine Loft: wine down at this restaurant with an amazing wine selection, food, and a full bar. Outdoor tables are dog friendly.
Wave Resort and the Bungalow Hotel: both are dog friendly hotels and a great place to stop-in and hang out!
...and so much more...
BEACH: not allowed in summer and early fall.
PROMENADE/BOARDWALK: Dogs are not allowed anytime, but there are ways around it. From Pier Village and north, there is a blacktop path that parallels the promenade that is dog friendly. And from Pier Village and south, you can walk on the sidewalk across from the boardwalk!
Be sure to follow Melissa and Brie on IG @monmouthdognj to know the best dog friendly places in NJ and the surrounding areas!